Welcome to The Horn Doc! Here, our patients are actual locomotive horns -
any shape, size, condition, dead or alive. Ken Kanne, Chief Orthopedic Surgeon,
is skilled at all kinds of repairs and modifications to diesel air horns.
Go from this . . .|
. . . to this!|
- broken bolt removal
- glass bead blasting
- complete restorations
- any and all other horn-related repairs!
- M2 Bell Patch - a lengthly, in-depth pictoral on how Ken repairs bells which are missing chunks
- M3 Round-Base Conversion - this scallop-base M3 bell was converted to appear as a round-base bell, lettering and all
- 37 Bell Restoration - a Leslie 37 bell with all sorts of dings and divots is restored to new condition
- P horn tab fabrication - a Nathan P bell was missing a mounting foot, and Ken builds one from scratch
- M2 Head Repair - this M2 head siezed and broke while trying to remove the back cap - Ken repairs and then rethreads this head to like-new
- A-200-233 Conversion - another great conversion, this time of an aluminum Tyfon A-200-156 to an A-200-233
- 1953 S-3L Restoration - this rare horn's primary problem was a severely warped and cracked manifold, with the 44 bell's mount completely broken off
- Burnett M3 Restoration - the Horn Doc's restoration of a rare Burnett M3
- Recent Leslie Repairs - a look at some finished Leslie restorations that recently came through Ken's shop
- Recent Burnett M Repairs - some completed Burnet M3H and M5 restorations, including serial number 238
- A K5L Retune Project - a K5L has bells swapped out and retuned to a perfect major 7th chord
- Restoration of Hexatone #23 - a pictorial outlining the restoration of this rare piece of history
Ken Kanne, "Chief Orthopedic Surgeon"
16437 Camellia Road
Silverhill, Alabama 36576
E-mail is the easiest method of contacting The Horn Doc - just send a message
with your name, the kind of horn, work needed, a call back number, and time to call
to the "Horndoc at Airhornhospital dot Com". Ken will call or e-mail you back right away!
To contact the webmaster, send an e-mail to
"Webmaster at Airhornhospital dot Com".
Last Updated 7-5-2013